Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Crazy People at Your Boarding Stable

We all know those people at the stable who are a couple fries short of a Happy Meal. I have dealt with quite a few at my current stable. The one I most commonly encounter is the "I-am-a-professional- horse-trainer-when-I-am-in-a-green-class" riders. They try to give you riding advice about how to properly train your horse. For example, a couple weeks ago I forgot I took all my tack out of my car. I drive to my stable blissfully unaware of my impending doom. I have to ride bareback because I am not driving 45 minutes back. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but unfortunately Chance the Pants is having some personal issues these days. He refuses at solid jumps like boxes, naturals, etc. I am riding along and he is actually jumping the boxes until we get to the stone wall of death. He flat out dives out and I stay on until he decides to plow throw the bit into a gallop. The arena fence was my landing destination Everyone saw me fall including "George Morris Jr." I bring him over to the mounting block and she decides to give me some "friendly" advice about how if I am scared of the jump he won't take it.DUH! I do ride you know. I watched her lesson with interest to see what kind of rider she was. She trotted over ground poles. I really do not have a problem with people who are in the beginning levels of the sport, but please do not give advice to upper level riders.

Thanks

Chances wants you to comment... look into his eyes 0.o

No comments:

Post a Comment